Integrated Accessibility Standards Policy
Information and Communications, Employment
Ravine Mushroom Farms Inc. (RMFI) fully supports the inclusion of persons with disabilities in all of its operations. In accordance with the requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (“AODA”) and the Ontario Human Rights Code, RMFI strives to conduct its business in a way that is accessible, inclusive and responsive to the needs of persons with disabilities. The purpose of this Policy is to describe RMFI’s commitment to achieving accessibility through compliance with AODA and, in particular, the Integrated Accessibility Standard Regulation (“IASR”). This policy identifies what RMFI will do in order to achieve accessibility as an organization.
Statement of Commitment
RMFI is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in an effective and timely manner by preventing and removing barriers for persons with disabilities in accordance with the requirements of the AODA, the IASR and the Code.
This policy is posted on RMFI website in an accessible format. Upon request, RMFI will provide a copy of this document in an alternative accessible format.
RMFI has developed a Multi-Year Accessibility Plan that meets its requirements under the IASR. The Multi-Year Accessibility Plan will be reviewed and updated at least once every five years.
RMFI currently does not have a self-service kiosks. However, if RMFI requires one in future, RMFI will incorporate accessibility features/consider accessibility for people with disabilities when designing, procuring or acquiring self-service kiosks.
RMFI is committed to training staff and volunteers in Ontario’s accessibility laws and aspects of the Ontario Human Rights Code that relate to persons with disabilities.
RMFI will train employees and volunteers on accessibility as it relates to their specific roles.
Training will include the following:
- The purposes of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device and/or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- How to use available equipment that may help with the provision of products and services to people with disabilities
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing products and services from RMFI.
- RMFI policies, practices and procedures relating to the customer service standard.
Information and Communications
RMFI will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability. When asked, RMFI will provide information about the organization and its services, including public safety information, in accessible formats or with communication supports.
RMFI will also meet internationally-recognized Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA website requirements in accordance with Ontario’s accessibility laws.
RMFI welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. During the recruitment and hiring process, RMFI will notify employees, potential hires and the public that accommodations can be made for those with disabilities.
Recruitment, Assessment or Selection process
RMFI will notify job applicants, when they are individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, that accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or the processes to be used. For specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact The Office Administrator at 905 264-6173 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. This ensures that the appropriate accommodations are in place.
Notice to Successful Applicants:
RMFI will notify successful applicants of the policies for accommodating employees with disabilities.
Informing Employees of Supports:
RMFI will notify staff that supports are available for those with disabilities. RMFI will put in place a process to develop individual accommodation plans for employees. Where needed, RMFI will also provide customized emergency information to help an employee with a disability during an emergency.
Policies for Supporting Employees with Disabilities
It is the policy of RMFI to ensure that job accommodations are provided for employees with disabilities. Please contact your Manager if you would like to discuss accommodations.
Individual Accommodation Plans
The following process will be used to assess individual accommodation requirement
Step 1: Recognize the need for accommodation
The need for accommodation can be:
- Requested by the employee through his/her supervisor, or human resources.
- Identified by the employee’s manager or the hiring manager.
Step 2: Gather relevant information and assess needs
- Employee is an active participant in this step
- Employer may ask for a functional capacity assessment, at employer’s expense
- Employee and employer explore a range of specific and universal accommodations to find most appropriate measure (an external expert may be involved)
- If accommodation denied, the reason is provided
Step3: Write a formal individual accommodation plan Accommodation details are written down in a formal plan, including:
- Accessible formats and communication supports, if requested
- Workplace emergency response information, if required
- Any other accommodation that is to be provided
Step 4: Implement, monitor, and review accommodation plan
- Employee and manager monitor the accommodation to ensure that it has effectively met the need
- Formal reviews are conducted at predetermined intervals
- The accommodation plan is reviewed if the employee’s work location or position changes
- The accommodation is reviewed if the nature of the employee’s disability changes
Return to Work Processes
Below is the Return to Work Process:
Step 1: Initiate return to work process Employee takes leave due to illness, injury or disability
Step 2: Make and maintain contact with employee on leave
Step 3: Develop return to work plan
If employee has no residual functional limitations: Regular position, no accommodation required
If employee has temporary functional limitations: Temporary modified work, accommodation or alternate position
If employee has lasting functional limitations: Permanent accommodation or permanent reassignment
Step 4: Monitor and evaluate return to work process
Performance Management, Career Development and Redeployment:
RMFI does not currently have a process in place for performance management, career development and redeployment. However should a process be needed in future, RMFI will take into account the accessibility needs of all employees
Changes to Existing Policies
RMFI will modify or remove an existing policy that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities.
Update Date: September 10, 2018 Supersedes: July 11, 2017