Ready in: 20 Min
- 1 pound fresh button mushrooms (or favorite mushroom)
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup onions, minced
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Monterey Jack (or Cheddar) cheese, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove mushroom stems.
- Chop and set aside.
- Melt butter and brush outside of caps.
- Place on baking pan lined with foil.
- Sauté onions and chopped mushroom stems in remaining butter for about 10 minutes.
- Add bread crumbs, macadamia nuts, parsley, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Spoon mixture to fill each mushroom cap.
- Bake until mushrooms are tender, about 12 minutes. Serve while still hot.