Grilled Portabella Burgers
Ready in: 20 Min
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 sourdough, whole grain, or ciabatta rolls
- 4 portobello mushrooms, stemmed, dark gills scraped out
- Olive oil
- Roasted red peppers from jar, drained
- 4 cups arugula (about 2 ounces)
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- Stir pesto and mayonnaise in small bowl to blend.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Grill rolls, cut side down, until lightly toasted.
- Transfer to plates. Spread grilled side of rolls with pesto mayonnaise.
- Brush mushrooms on both sides with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill, rounded side up, 4 minutes. Turn mushrooms over.
- Cover and grill until mushrooms are tender, about 4 minutes.
- Place 1 mushroom on each roll bottom.
- Top each with enough red pepper pieces to cover, then with arugula and cheese.
- Press roll tops over and serve.